Explore the Science
Greenshell™ Mussel: The Science
For generations, native coastal Maori tribes have harvested and consumed raw New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussels as a primary part of their diet. The anti-inflammatory value of mussels was first discovered by studying the diets of the Māori. Researchers observed that the coastal Māori, whose staple diet included Greenshell™ mussels, had lower levels of arthritis than Māori residing inland. This initial observation in the 1970’s has been followed by decades of research studying the effects of supplemental Greenshell™ mussel powder on a variety of inflammatory conditions.
Greenshell™ Mussel Naturally supports the body’s ability to manage inflammation
Both lab and clinical studies demonstrate Greenshell™ Mussel’s ability to manage inflammation in the human body.
Our own studies and those of others show Greenshell™ Mussel, rich in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, to be helpful in managing inflammation.
Explore the research:
- Anti-inflammatory effects of a stabilized lipid extract of Perna canaliculus (NZ green-lipped mussel). Click Here
- Furan fatty acid as an anti-inflammatory component from the (NZ green-lipped mussel). Click Here
- Systematic review of the nutritional supplement Perna canaliculus (green-lipped mussel) in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Click Here
- The treatment of arthritis with a lipid extract of Perna canaliculus: a randomized trial. Click Here
- Green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus) extract efficacy in knee osteoarthritis and improvement in gastrointestinal dysfunction: a pilot study. Click Here